The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Friday, December 19, 2008

a year in review....

Yes, i am stealing someone else's idea.. she posted this on her blog and I love it.. so this is my review..

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I moved to a house that I am absolutely in love with, every inch of this house, I love. But especially that for the first time since I was 16 I feel like I am HOME. :::sighs::::Oooooh and I didn't get knocked up or worry about it since Chuck got neutered.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
You bet your butt I did. I made a resolution to give birth before 2009 and I did ;oP

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So many! LOL My January Mommys (<3>, and um who else.. oh yeah! ME!! And I am so talented I did it 10 years and 3 minutes AFTER I gave birth to Mary.. damn I am good.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might jinx things.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ireland, France, Scotland, Germany...... Busch Gardens baby. ;o)~ lol..

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
patience... and um well money would be nice lol.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 5, 2008 <--Emilys bday and July 25, 2008 <--we moved out of the ghetto into our beautiful home.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My house ;o)~

9. What was your biggest failure?
The diet.. communicating when I am sad..and.. getting out with my husband more

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
csection recovery and all the other crap that has happened since then.. nothing real major

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Brain Age ;o)~ MAN I love that game..

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration
ummmmmm.......well the dog has stopped peeing on the carpet does that count?

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
politicians, Casey Anthony, Chucks Ensign, The Navy for the crap they pulled on us, Someone who works with Chuck and Mel, and I am sure this list can go on and on.

14. Where did most of your money go?
bills and the new house

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Have I told you about my house ;o)~

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
LOL.. um I swear its only because I love the songs but either "So what" from Pink or "Chicken Fried" from the Zach Brown band.. or "BAd things" from Jace Everett

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?happier, about the same, my tush still makes up its own zipcode.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
hmm.. visited my mom.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Laundry or dishes ;o)~ lol

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with my family in Alexandria, VA

21. who did you spend most of your time on the phone with?
Oh thats easy.. Chuck, my mom, Mel, Nikia, Erica, and my kids "STOP FIGHTING" "Yes I am COMING home"

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
head over heels with the sweetest baby girl ever. even when she does get up at 5:45

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
I was more for the one night sleeps... ;o)~ and i had a few of those.. but I had more of the one night get up and feed me mommys

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Greys, ER, Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money (HOW dare them take it away from me) oh and without a doubt TRUE BLOOD!!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I just really don't have the time to hate anyone..

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Any of the Amish ones I read, and I really love Nicholas Sparks new one.. I started it this morning and I am already half done (yes Karen i know I have had it for weeks but no time)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
oh this one is so easy... I discovered that Rob McNelley plays a MEAN version of hammerhead stew and I discovered Lady Antebellum is awesome.

28. What did you want and get?
my house..

29. What did you want and not get?
that damn winning lottery ticket

30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Twilight, Mad money, Dan in real life.. and I know there are more.

.31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Chuck and I went to dinner at Red Robin for our birthdays (3 days apart) and I celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
hmm.. I am not sure

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
that would be the fashion of poor fat mama.

34. What kept you sane?
sane? did you not read where I previously said you either get kids or sanity.. NEVER both?

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
umm.. I still <3 McDreamy

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the historical nature of the election

37. Who did you miss?
My daddy..gone 9 years still hurts

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Emily and Nikia

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Freecycle is a great way to get rid of stuff and get stuff.
Never underestimate how good it is to feel safe.
People who are mean suck
Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions, good and bad
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
and
Never underestimate how good a pair of new socks or new underwear feel ;o)~

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"Don't worry.. be happy" <--and I had to THINK of that.. pretty good eh?

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

Wow Tricia! What a year. A baby and a house...you moved one day after I gave birth to Marcus. Was that week awesome or what?!?

I am glad to hear that things are looking up. You and your sweetie deserve happiness. You are a wonderful lady.