Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
1) Thanksgiving--My family had its second Thanksgiving I enjoyed, nobody fought we all picked on my one eccentric brother (all I am gonna say is NOT all men should wear pink, polka dots or stripes.. yes he is gay but that is besides the point.)
2) School goes on a week vacation from Dec 21-Jan 4. I can not wait. Did I say that yet? Chuck is taking classes still full time, I help him (of course) and now that break is here I am in the "whew! thank you GOD" stage. I am so tired, and just need a break to be er um normal? lol ok that works.
3) The kids have become somehow more spoiled. Almost bratty at times, I got really mad today and text messaged their dad and told him he could have them. I was DONE. He called and reemed them all pretty good, and they all seemed to be seeing that Mom just cant take it anymore, which is good cause option 2 was selling them on ebay.
4) Christmas shopping is basically done, I can't believe it either, normally we are still working on it a week before Christmas. Ok that was a lie. Normally on Christmas eve I am at the store running around like a Mad woman. because well I am usually a mad woman. David has gotten sneakier and sneakier about trying to find out what is going on. Bizarre little kid, but a really cool kid too. He was singing Feliz Navidad earlier which landed up being Fleece Naughty God. Yep, my kid. ;o)~
5) Chuck keeps asking what I want for Christmas. Am I the only person this year that truly does not know what she wants?? I know I bought a pair of black boots I want that we can wrap under the tree for all I care. I know that I do not want jewelry I wear the same five pieces and I am happy with that. But as far as I am concerned Chuck could buy me 3 or 4 long sleeve shirts (all mine from last year are MIA). Something nice to wear would thrill me. A good bottle of perfume.. would thrill me. A good book, hell I only own ONE Twilight book, buy books 2,3, and 4. Buy the original Twilight movie. .mine is MIA. There are TONS of choices. SOCKS that are knee socks or long enough to wear with the new boots.. Are you getting this Chuck? Something girly ( a gift certeficate for a pedi.. that would be awesome). Nikia.. girl.. I am counting on you.. point Chucky this way ok? He claims I am hard to shop for.
6) I feel for Michelle Duggar today as she gave birth to number 19 premature. While I know she has the choice to have as many babies as she wants, maybe this is a sign that this should be it. Her poor body is fighting back, enough is enough. I am praying hard for her and little Josie Brooklyn.
7) In 2010 I would like to see Tiger Woods, The Gosselins, Brangelina, Tom Brady and Gisele, Miley Cyrus, Levi Johnson and anyone else who has graced us with their life stories. Your 15 minutes are up, get out of my news stories ok? thanks! <3>
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Now, the holidays are approaching, the kids are back in school and it seems as if more of than not, I have TONS to say. My oldest is a senior, did I mention that? I am sure I have. She is going through all the motions of preparing to graduate and then move on to college. college! How is that possible? I still remember her being 6 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. Who gave her permission to grow up and turn into a lovely lady? Can I sue? Its not fair. I am not ready for this.
Danny and AJ are shaving.. WHAT?!??!?! I remember when they were flushing stuff down the toilet (I swear it was like 12-13 years ago not last week!) and now they are shaving. Danny ditched us on Halloween to go watch a girl play soccer. What am I doing wrong? I got ditched for a girl?!?! sighs. AJ who used to be my sweet lovable guy has turned into a real jerk as of late. I know part of it is teenage boy, but geesh I hope it passes fast.
Mary. Wow. 11 year old. hormonal.. aka bitchy. enough said right? David loves kindergarten and I had to break his heart today and tell him he had to stay home today (something about vomiting at 4 am that makes me pretty sure they do not want him in school ya know?) fun stuff. really fun.
Chucks working his butt off at school right now and work. Somedays I see how exhausted he is but other days I think I see the energizer bunny chasing him down the hallway..drum and all. He just keeps going and going.
As for me, I am as big as a house right now.. ok or I feel that way, I have to do something but I don't know where to start. And why start now with the holidays staring me down? Well, because if I don't I won't. I know me. So insert one last party weekend, Monday starts the diet. This time it has to work. It just has to! .
Ok there I caught everyone up, tied up with a neat bow, speaking of bows, I am running a blog contest about two blogs down. Enter it. even if you don't have a daughter or grand daughter someone you know has a little girl who will love this bow. Have a great day!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Giant Jellyfish Sink 10-Ton Fishing Boat
A 10-ton fishing boat was sunk and its crew thrown into the sea by the giant jellyfish they were gathering off the coast of Japan.
The three fisherman were hauling a net full of the gigantic creatures, known as Nomura's jellyfish when the weight of them caused the boat to capsize, a story by the Telegraph reported. The fishermen were rescued by another fishing boat.
Nomura's jellyfish are known to be the largest in the world, growing more than 6 and-a-half feet in diameter and weighing as much as 450 pounds. Nomura's jellyfish can be found in the seas between China and Japan.
And 6 and a half feet and 450 pounds?!?!? holy big jellyfish batman!! I mean, if there are creatures out there that can flip a boat are we sure we wanna mess with these guys?
And does this really mean that Spongebob and Dory were the two bravest ones out there?
Things that make you go hmmm. but as for me until I am sure that dude is not in my water I will stick to the concrete beach.
***warning this notice is subject to change next year when it is hot and the pools are not yet open***
she made this one to match Snow white, even has a snow white bottle cap in the middle!! (and isn't she cute??)
This feeds our princess obsession (and its PINK!!)
a pretty flower on her head so pretty!!
Monday, November 2, 2009
I did not watch with joy as my husband spoke to his birth mother after 21 years, it did not bring a tear to my eye to see him reconnect with her because it was just plain awesome. Nope not me.
I did not take a princess, black cat, Mr Incredible, a pirate and a Gothic tinkerbell out trick or treating because one of them is 18 and surely I would not allow her to still trick or treat.
I did NOT under any circumstance root for the New York Yankees to win their World Series games because that is like rooting for the Cowboys.. blech patooie . Iam after all a Mets fan and a good self respecting Mets fan would never root for the New York Yankees.. well unless they are playing the Phillies. :o)~
I did not enjoy a break from football this week after watching the Redskins fall apart and realizing that we are probably looking at a 2-14 season.
I did not wrestle David's Mr Incredible Mask out of his backpack today because what kind of a mom would have to wrestle a mask after Halloween out of someones backpack.
I did not confiscate all the candy when it entered the house and sort it out into 10 separate ziploc gallon size bags!
I did not cringe thinking of the dentist who is probably planning his retirement thanks to my kids teeth (which is why I hid the candy in the first place)
I did not enter day five of a headache today.. with no end in sight and realize a little bit ago that it is probably blood pressure related.. dammit.
I did not find an adorable puppy in front of walmart and scoop her up and take her home because she was deserted. :o( She has not since taken over every family members heart because she is quite frankly adorable :o)~
And finally, I did not miss a whole month of blogging without a single excuse except I really had nothing to say. Hopefully I will get some inspiration..soon.
So what have you done? Not done? Go on tell me! And please pray for Mr Stellan who is in the PICU :o(
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
We have 8 billion toys, when I start going through them to concentrate on tossing some or giving some up on Freecycle, my kids decide that toys they have not looked at or touched in a year or so are now their most favorite and omg mom don't get rid of that.. I will DIE without it! Yep, drama. So now my new plan... do one bag every two to three days while they are at school... maybe then I will have less of Toys R Us.. in time for well. Christmas.. ugh..
So I can't hep but notice that everyone is pregnant right now, well except me and some friends who I reall wish were. and I am soo ok with that. I love new babies, I love the smell, I love the feel of little feet and arms, and I love being around little bitties. But. I am so done. Emily is the perfect exclimation point to my family. She is a bit over the top.. makes me fear those teenage years. ugh..
I have decided if it was possible to fight about having nothing to fight about, my kids could do it. most definitely.. they love each other someties but would rather kick and scream most of the time.. some day they will miss this time they have.. some day they will grow up and wish they got along. I know.. because I am now. I miss having my brothers around me.. but will they listen to me? No chance..
I miss my dad. There I said it. I miss having him here for my mom, when she cries and I can't fix it, I can't make it better. I miss that he can't hug her and tell her things will be fine. Why does God feel the need to take good people before its time? Even if it was his time, if his number was up, what about the rest of us who were NOT ready to let go. Why weren't our feelings considered? What the hell is wrong with this picture??
I am going to make chicken sandwiches, mozarella sticks and fries.. there is NOTHING of this meal that has nutritional value, but ya know what its ok. The kids will eat, they will enjoy it... who are we kidding I am a fat kid. I will enjoy it. Then tomorrow I will wake up and wonder why I can't lose any weight.. and remember its beause I am an idiot...
Now that I posted a depressing blog that changed topics all over the place, I am going to go make the bad for you dinner, followed by an italian lemon dessert (also bad for me), and just realize ya know sometimes.. its ok to be bad. Right? Its comfort food and hey why not ;o)~
Have a good day!!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
1) I realized that any toy that is still around from my age is now an antique or referred to as vintage. One such toy I am looking for is Fashion Plates, I think Mary would love them. So I Ebayed them and found a set... I found if you look for vintage its 29.99 but if you look for Fashion plates 9.99 AH-HA! one word.. and I save 20 bucks. .OH HAPPY DAY!!
2) I found that if I get up in the morning, straighten up the rooms, clean up the tasks that lay in front of me and then settle down for 15 minutes of reward computer time, at the 15 minute break I am ready to get up and do something else. AH-HA! See? How this works??
3) I have learned that I am not alone in the "My husband snores so loud, the neighbors called to tell me to tell him to roll over" (ok not yet but it has to be coming).. Apparently there are quite a few of us (cough. .and a new facebook group in the works lol) AH-HA!
4) I have learned that little girls with big bows in their hair (contrary to my old belief) are not ridiculious but they are absolutely adorable. And this may or may not be because Emily wears bows but she is so stinking cute!! OMG! you should see her!! ok AH-HA!!
5) I have discovered that people who are new to Freecycle,Craigslist, and ok the internet in general need a lesson about TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!! oy vey.. are you serious? They drive me nuts.. ugh.. but ahem AH-HA
6) Lack of blogging is because summer time activities + 6 kids home + 8 billion things to do = No time to blog. Kids in school + Just me and Emily = Some extra time. AH-HA!! Is that good enough for an I am sorry? I will try and get back here more. I promise!
See AH-HA moments.. there really are not alot of them but they are there. You just have to kind of watch for them and when they happen you just gotta say AH-HA!
There now you have had an AH-HA moment ;o)~ You are welcome.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I started going through old pictures of my family, my goal is to try and put most of them online, but I have had little time to work on it. Unfortunately, my intentions are fabulous my time frame is eh. But the positive glee from my mother is making this chore worth it, she is so happy to see pictures she has not seen. They were delegated to the basement and under the steps, mostly because nobody knew what to do with them. Then I started to read up on scrapbooking, my first job is to get rid of all those lovely 1970's scrapbooks that are 1) ugly and 2) made with those gluey sticky pages. ugh. Time to fix that. I can do it... its just gonna be til Christmas til I finish.
Ok.. school. you ready? Stephanie is a senior she is in love with everything about high school, of course she is. Her eye is on the prize. :::pomp and circumstance music:::: graduation. Danny is no longer a maggot, he is now a worm (he's a sophmore) he likes to remind AJ he is higher on the food chain.. in my book maggot or worm either way a bird can eat em. Just sayin'. Mary.. I think she will make it through fifth grade. She has come home smiling each day.. last year by day two EVERYONE hated her and she was going to quit school .. drama my kid? never. David. sighs.. the teacher and I have already had words and I probably overreacted (record that. I will never say it again). We talked about it today, and as long as he learns to not be a butthead in class he should do just fine.
Emily and I are home and she has now become my parrot. Mel said to her the other day "tell Mama to hush" she says "hush" so now whenever I tell her something she doesn't like she says "MA hush" . She's spunky but she's sweet. One smile and kiss and dammit. I am done.
Chuck is still working his tail bone off, and going to school. I help him out as needed, give my two cents.. who are we kidding I give him a buck.. sometimes a buck fifty. So far its been Straight A's.. Here's hoping the big kids take after him huh? Just sayin'. Ok. more soon. I will not promise tomorrow but soon.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Things that I look at and laugh... like for instance this little picture..we will label it Exhibit 1 this is my son David. He is 5. He is unique. He decided this was his outfit for the day.. while it may not look like something you would want to be caught picking dog doo out of the yard in.. but hey ya know what? He's happy. And if he's happy I am happy.
Exhibit 2. .our cat is nuts. This is him fitting (ok not so much) in a box. Yea.. I am pretty sure he's addicted to catnip. He's unique and it makes me laugh.
Exhibit 3..AJ midair jumping in the poool.. Why is this funny? Because he is looking straight at me. And I laugh. Cause little things make me smile.
Exhibit 4... Emily. sharing ice cream with the dog.... the eww factor is here and she's filthy.. but hey she's happy and if she's happy I am happy. Exhibit 5... We found this shirt for Mary. Have you ever seen Bugs Bunny and the jeckyll and hyde little bird that goes from calm to explosive in no time. Thats Mary. Completely so.. This shirt fits her.. and its funny. and it makes her happy and I smile. Exhibit 6.. Chuck is like a 3 year old when he gets around water... here he is midair jumping in the pool. Does he look happy? Cause he is. And if he's happy I am happy. :o)~ Exhibit 7... Danny before he left for my moms. he was having a ball at the beach with us, playing having fun in the sun. Danny was happy. If he is happy I am happy. I will be even happier when he gets home tomorrow night. Exhibit 8...Stephanie and me.. she has now began to embrace her inner nut. She is just raelizing that she may as well let it go.. we are crazy.. we are awesome.. we are mother and daughter.. we make me smile :o)~
Yep, this is my gang. .my group.. my life and I would not have it any other way. well except I would have met Chucky way before we met. <3>
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I have posted a blog this week for four days, or was it five? Not one of them has a comment. Does it bug me? Yes. I would be lying if I said that it didn't. but on the same note, you are no more inclined to comment on my blog then I am to write it. This again is my spot. So what topics have I avoided you ask (but you didn't cause I am probably just talking to myself)
1) The New Healthcare plan being tossed around... one word ugh. Its not gonna be pretty. How come other countries can come up with one that is great and we the greatest country in the world can't do it? Because we have a bunch of monkeys running the asylum. They are more concerned with pickering and picking bugs off each other to worry about us.. aggrivating.
2) My kids are going back to school. (And I lied Tutu replied to this blog. thanks sweetie) but as they get ready they are driving me insane. .the fighting.. the not wanting to clean up. I have cavemen not kids. I look forward to the tranquility of them all back in school.. is that bad??
See, I have lots on my mind just none of it is very exciting....but its all on my mind.
Monday, August 10, 2009
I did not post pictures on Facebook of my overweight cat, trying to fit his fat hiney in a box that is 3 times too small for him. Becuase it was funny and because hes cute. See?? but NOT me.
There is no way that we had ice cream sundaes not one night but two nights this weekend, becuase its hot and ice cream is great therapy.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
That-The facebook addiction still is in full force. I have found friends from my past and caught up with other people. I really do love it. Ooooh and they have a game called Farkle.. I <3>
This-We have replaced the beach with the pool for right now.. unlike Spongebob I am not a huge fan of jellyfish..ewww..
That-I am still aggrivated with my ex but i do apologize to anyone who read the blog yesterday but to be blunt I was well.. pissed off.
This-We have been in this house for one year. I still love it. I am so glad we moved out of our old neighborhood. Its nice to not be afraid of your kids getting shot when they go outside, or someone approaching them with d rugs.
That-I still have a blog giveaway on here, if you guys didn't see it.. its for Stephanies bday. .take a look. .enter if you want. :o)~ See you tomorrow for Not Me Monday!
Yes Chuck..3 days in a row.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
"STOP LOOKING AT ME!!" (said to anyone at anytime but usually David to Emily)
"DON'T HIT ME!!" (Mary said to ALL her siblings who constantly beat her @@)
"WHY DO I HAVE TO CLEAN UP EVERYTHING...I DON'T MAKE MESSES!!" (Second verse same as the FIRST)
"IT WASN'T ME!" (said at one time by everyone including the dog)
"I DIDN'T DO IT!!!" (second verse same as the first)
"YOU ALWAYS BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING!!!" (Mary.. AJ.. Steph... David.. Danny)
"I DIDN'T NOTICE IT WAS DARK OUT!!" (This was from Mary followed by my favorite line...)
"THEIR HOUSE DOESN'T HAVE WINDOWS!" (really?)
"HOW COME S/HE NEVER HAS TO DO CHORES??" (He does... as does she)
"YOU HATE ME!" (Mary)
"I AM RUNNING AWAY!!" (David.. who packed a bucket with toys and one pair of underwear. that should have gotten him til 5 PM.. it was 2)
"IS THE AC ON??" (said by me and Chuck)
"WHATS FOR DINNER? I HATE THAT!!" ( said by anyone on any given night)
"CAN __________ SLEEP OVER?" (usually answered yes)
"BUT I DON'T WANT TO CLEAN MY ROOM!!" (Said after they get told the condition of said sleep over...
Yes, the complaints go on and on..This is why I crave September. This and the peace and tranquilty of just me and Emily. AHHH.. School is coming back. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Rock on.. yes, I said it.. ROCK ON!
Friday, August 7, 2009
How many of us have done the Mom spit thing? You know. .you get somewhere and holy cow the baby looks like she ate something but missed her mouth entirely.. The five year old is a dirt magnet that makes Pig Pen from Charlie Brown look like a neat freak... Mary is always sporting something on her face.. AJ plays baseball. there is NOT enough spit in the human body.. Danny doesn't shower and would DIE if I used Mom spit. .and Stephanie sadly is normally cleaner then me. but for the little 3 if I go somewhere and forget wipes. its ok.. cause "Patooey.. Mommys GOT this"
Exhibit B. Who has not had this happen:
You can not find a pen that works.. In walks the baby.. ink all over. Or in walks the teenager who dumps out her purse and wait.. thats mine. No I got it from a teacher. NO its mine. Fine MOM whatever.. sheesh. Yea though.. we have our share of ink on the face.. ok and crayon on the wall.. but I digress.....
So see its not horrible.. some things are funny, I am happy. I have a wonderful husband and some pretty kick ass kids... its just the little things that have me stressed.. Just breathe though .. right??