The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11, 2001


Where was I? That day, I was sitting in my house preparing to go stalk Garth Brooks in Washington DC.. ok there I said it. I said it loud and I said it proud. We were watching the Today show, and that is when we saw it. One of the Twin towers got hit. My phone rang it was my mom "You can't go to DC today, a terrorist plane just hit the Twin towers" As I was telling my mom she was crazy....

The second one got hit. Holy crap. We watched them fly directly into the World Trade Center. My stomach dropped. Why would someone do this? My friend Arlene's husband called and told her to come home NOW. She packed her stuff and left for Virginia Beach. Mel was on her way from Portsmouth to my house, we had never met face to face and she was on her way. She called the house and we talked about what had just happened.
We were talking about it and then our windows shook on our house, we lived 8 miles from the Pentagon and our house shook. I sent my ex husband out to get the kids from school, if we were gonna die, we were going to die as a family.

The news upgraded the Pentagon was hit, and a fourth plane had crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. So many people died. So many families lost vital members of their lives.

We were under attack. But these cowards, did it with our planes, they did it and left "notes" that when they were found no woman was to touch their bodies. what made them think ANYTHING would be left?

Jerks..................

I hope if they found anything they only let females touch it. I hope when they got to their final destination they were prepared for such a WARM reception. ugh.

Martyrs my ass.

Everyone we know called to check on us, even Chuck <3.>
So much has changed in 8 years, I have gotten divorced.. remarried.. had two more babies but still my heart breaks from the events of September 11, 2001. My prayers are with everyone effected that day. May God bless you and keep you always.

No comments: