Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Every year we all make New years resolutions, we all do it.. by January 5 we all question what the hell we were thinking and do what we can to break them as fast as humanly possible.. ok we all may not do that.. but I do. This year i have three.. without further aideau.. .
Tricia's New Years Resolutions:
1) I plan on losing weight so I can look in the mirror and like me. My goal is to give up on my beloved Dr Pepper.. ok.. not completely.. cutting off Dr Pepper totally would be dangerous... for my husband and children. So instead I will cut back to one a day (and no chuck it wont be my 7-11 cup full :oX) I plan on drinking more water and exercising more
2) I plan on stop spending money like I am a millionaire, to stick to my budget. I can do this, it will be a challenge but I can do it. Make a grocery list and stick to it and dont shop when I am emotional. Hmm do I get one last emotional shopping trip goodbye? No i don't need it.. sniffle..
3) I plan to dance like nobody is watching, laugh outloud one time each day, and love like nobodys business. ;o)~ Come on 2009...bring it on.
These are my plans.. now to stick with them.. THAT will be the catch ;o)~ Wish me luck! Happy 2009 to everyone, if you are going out, please be safe. If you are staying in, drink one for me!!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Today, I took Mary to her birthday luncheon (her birthday is Monday with Emilys), we took her two best friends and her bestfriends Mom Kenya (who is a very good friend of mine) we went to Cinema Cafe and saw Bolt. Two things 1) This movie is completely adorable..we laughed and laughed and laughed and 2) Rhino the Hamster kicks butt!! hes so cute too!!!! Hes just a fat happy hamster guy who loves Bolt. (you have to see this movie.. TRUST me.. Mommy's don't lie)... isn't he just a doll???
I finally found Emily a dress for her birthday and a crown ;o)~ lol. she doesnt like the crown as much as Stephanie and I do. .but we arent trying to entertain her.. we are trying to entertain us lol. the first birthday cake is to entertain her right? Just saying...I can't believe Emily is going to be one.. heck I can't even believe Mary will be 11. sighs. I am getting old. Ok.. seriously.. Mary is running out to the garage to get Lazy sister a soda... I had to interupt my blog to tell you guys this.. the child is wearing a redskins hoodie.. knee socks that go to her thighs and elf slippers.... sexy.. really.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Today, we cleaned the house from the holidays and unpacked, I told myself I was going to take down the tree but umm.. well it can wait another day or two. I promise by Emily and Mary's birthday it will probably be down. (that works right?). I love putting the Christmas stuff up, I loathe taking it down.. Last year it just magically disappeared.. which may or may not have been due to the fact that I was 100 years pregnant with Emily ;o)~ I think this year we will go with a Fairytale theme for Emily and Bratz for Mary. but next year since they are Em and M we may go with an M&M theme. I still have yet to find the one year birthday dress... or even shirt.. I will find one if not she has a really cute cupcake pillow case dress she got from Punk Rock padding (Christine is a dream over there!!! www.punkrockpadding.com) I am NOT the perfect mom as proved in an earlier blog.. I have not planned the party etc to the T.. but with six.. two on the SAME day (10 years and 3 minutes apart....that's talent) its sort of a challenge. I will figure it out, one day this week. I cant believe she's about to be one.. ;o( This was the baby that was supposed to go slow.. shes the end.. my exclamation point... sighs.
OK time to go watch The Sound of music with the kids (yes I have seen it a million times too but who doesn't love the music???). More tomorrow..
Saturday, December 27, 2008
ok.. enough about my brother... deep breaths.....
It is such a relief to be home, I missed my house, I missed my bed and I am thrilled be getting out of living out of a suitcase (Which I loathe), I even missed my kitchen, and as weird as this will sound my bathroom (my mothers has ZERO water pressure). I am very glad to be home and plan to head to bed soon.
So, what is everyone's plans for the New Year? I am not sure what we will do, every year we throw a party at our house, but my two oldest boys are up at my moms visiting their cousin (this was again a battle.. I didn't want to leave them.. but in the end I did). I am sure we will have some friends over and I will overcook ( I am REALLY good at that) and we will probably play Apples to Apples or something silly. (Chuck has to work most of the night, but will be home before the ball drops). And after the new year. .just four short days later.. my baby turns 1.. and Mary turns 11. :o( my kids are all growing up.. I wish we had a way to slow that down ya know? Just a little bit... slow down the time, and take more time with them as babies. I love that Emily is 11 months old and still wants to be snuggled before bed, I love that David still likes to sit on my lap and watch a movie or play with toys, that Mary still realizes its ok to be a girl and play with dolls. I am glad my last 3 aren't as rushed to grow up as my first three .. Hopefully it will last a bit longer.....OOOO I got a song for that!!!!!!
Let them be little
I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand.
You felt so good in it; no bigger than a minute.
How it amazes me you're changin' with every blink.
Faster than a flower blooms, they grow up all too soon.
So let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give 'em hope, give them praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.
I never felt so much in one little tender touch.
I live for those kisses, your prayers an' your wishes.
An' now you're teachin' me how only a child can see.
Tonight, while we're on our knees, all I ask is:
Please, let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give them praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.
The so innocent, precious soul:
You turn around, an' it's time to let them go.
So let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give 'em praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let them sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.
Let them be little
:o)~ I think I just found the perfect song for my kids.. giggles. Go me. More tomorrow.. who knows what time.. we have to grocery shop or start feeding the kids the tiles off the floor.. grins.
Friday, December 26, 2008
I am really thinking of leaving today just to get away from him, but my mother is adamantly against that. She wants us to stay, probably because we don't come visit. We don't come over here because of my brother, I dread holidays, because of my brother. I dread anything having to do with him because hes a jerk. Thanksgiving he played Jeckyll.. Christmas we got Hyde. I am done. I can't deal with him anymore.
Ok.. sorry to be so down and grumpy but its just the way thing go eh?
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Ok.. anyways... deep breath.. sorry had to get that out.
Christmas minus my brother the tool the day was really good. Santa was good to me, Chuck was amazing as always and the kids were great. I told my mom now i remember why I never come visit and it hurt her feelings, but who would want to come visit and feel unwelcome? Honestly......
I hope everyone had the most amazing holiday, with lots of love, good food, and happiness. And I hope 2009 brings you health, peace and love. God bless!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
So, we are now on the way to my mothers, and yes I am blogging... its like a drug I cant help it. We packed the car up while Chuck was at work, I had my annual Christmas nervous breakdown, and now we are on our way. WOOOOOHOOOO. Finally, paydirt for alll the stuff we have done. Now lets just hope tonight is as peaceful and wonderful as Thanksgiving.
If by chance I don't get time to post tomorrow (christmas and all) MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope Santa treats you all great!!!!!!! *MUAH*
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Meanwhile...we have two days til Christmas and i am done shopping.. and WAIT it gets better.. head Elf number 1 even WRAPPED everything.. my goal is to be home tomorrow packing to go to my moms. That's my goal... now... if I thought for one second it could happen well that would be awesome.. however.... i am not stupid.. so I know it will not happen that way.. *sighs* (ok off topic) Emily is standing up against the TV watching Super Why.. and dancing to the music.. shes so darn cute.. ok.. back to my topic.....
We had David's ADHD appt....and David was in super active hyper active mode.. he zipped around like we fed him a 50 lb bag of sugar... and thats just David normally. The doctor didn't want to give the school their "label" and about had a conniption when i told them about the Vice Principal telling me that David can return when we "know whats wrong with him" @@ I have a five letter word for her.. rhymes with witch.. let me know when you get it.. ;oX bad Tricia I know.. but OMG. anyways... so they wrote a letter telling the school THEY have to get a child psychologist to evaluate him and do a child find study (which FYI I asked for in SEPTEMBER!) because they want their findings and then the will work on a solution. I so cant wait until January 5th to hand carry this letter to their school. ooh buddy.. ;o)~ lol
Ok.. and finally a great Christmas story.......So my mom sent me to buy a nativity set... we found a really cute little people nativity set, i called her half joking and said "well i found one.. its made by fisher price" she says "Thats the one I want" I was laughing .. but i bought it for her.. ;o)~ so i get it home and David sees it in my hatchback of my van, he says "whats that?" I said "thats for Nana" he says "but SHES OLD! and its a toy" LMAO. I called my mom who replied "Thanks a lot!" and laughed.. ;o)~ out of the mouth of babes.
More tomorrow assuming i can still type seeing as my keyboard is still super sticky on the inside from the soda i spilled inside of it on Sunday..woops.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Good Monday Morning today brings us to yet another wonderful rendition of Not me Monday.
I did NOT spill an almost fan can of soda on my laptop while on the phone with my mother and then begin to cry because I am at my wits end.. it always seems there is one more bill or something else and being broke sucks. I did NOT cry because what silly 37 year old would cry over such a thing? Not me.
I did NOT let my kids eat hot dogs and crescent rolls last night because I was too tired to make a good healthy dinner. Not me.
I did NOT get out of bed and search for the alleve because I felt like hell to find out it was in my room on Chucks bedside table. I did not groan audibily because I had wasted steps and felt like crud. Not me
I did NOT stop and watch PS I love you everytime it was on this weekend because I just love that movie.. Nope not me.
I did NOT play Sudoku while in the middle of this blog because I needed my "fix" cause that would be sad. Not me
Ok confessions are over.. i am off to get some stuff done to prepare for the trip to Alexandria.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
We did our family "mini Christmas" yesterday...we do a nice family meal (this year we did the worlds easiest meal.. we made cheesy chicken and rice casserole with rolls and a cake for dessert. And we take the kids stockings early in the day, and we refill them... I knew this was going to be exciting this year because David is VERY into Santa. So i pointed out that the stockings were gone, and he said "oh no! my socks!" I said its ok.. santa must have taken them. And then Chuck (Mr Claus), Stephanie (head elf) and I (Mrs Claus) stuffed the stockings in the van, while we ran around getting a few other last minute things. We came home, he, David, AJ and Emily went on a drive and Mary (mini elf 1) and Danny (mini elf 2) helped us get everything down stairs to the living room. And then I made "The call" to Mr Claus.. I said put me on speaker phone and I told him to hurry home that Santa had been here and left presents to which David said "DAD! hurry up and drive!" They got home and we did our Christmas here, the reason we do this is two fold 1) so we can do this as our family and 2) so we dont have to cart as much stuff up to my moms. So the following gifts were received:
Emily got a winnie the pooh activity table that I got on sale on Black Friday, this thing is DARLING and she loves it. oooh and she got a birdie cage Xylophone, and a shirt because obviously after what i told you all earlier you see she really needed clothes.. um. ok not so much. but its cute it says "hug me, kiss me, hold me!" and she got her stocking that was stuffed with fun stuff.
David got a Little Einsteins laptop, which is perfect because he is VERY into letters and numbers, he got the Little einsteins Baton (ITS NOT A WAND MOM! its LEOs BATON!.. mea culpa.. mea culpa.. mea MAXIUM culpa) and he got Hungry Hungry hippos..i have heard about this game FOREVER I knew he had to have it, now I will just pray we never find one of the little white balls in Emilys diaper ewww.. and he also got his stocking filled with stuff that was fascinating.. um. for a four year old.
Mary.. well Mary came REAL close to getting coal.. but i was good. instead she got a tinkerbell handheld game, a Baby Bratz doll (hurry up and get these if you haven't they go off the market in January and most places have started clearancing them already), and she got her ipod shuffle... may I say this child has been a DOLL the past day.. gee i wonder why? :o)~ oh and her stocking.
AJ ooh we got him good.. he asked for a hoodie (check), a Mets skull cap (check), an Ipod (oh yea we got him GOOD.. he didnt see this coming at all), a handheld baseball game, a watch and his stocking... not as exciting as toys but he asked for the hoodie and hat.. so we did good ;o)~ btw, mary and David got watches too..
Danny got the new Harry Potter book that JK Rowling put out.. its real short but he was tickled.. Danny is a book junkie, Danny also got head phones for his Ipod he got last year, Three lego characters you build and they do something.. I know I know I should know.. but I don't... sighs.. oh and a battleship game (yes the handheld games are for the car to avoid hearing "shes looking at me" "hes touching me" "how much longer?") No watch for danny, he got one for his birthay, but he did get a stocking.
Stephanie got her makeup set that she begged me for.. I am talking she offered to clean her room FOREVER...she got her sunglasses (big and blingy.. so teenager), and two new shirts.. I said "not very exciting" she says "all materialistic SO cool!" um ok. weirdo. .she got her stocking too.
Chuck got his presents, he got a watch with a gadgetty knife (boys and their toys), The new JD Robb book (no, I dont know the name.. I dont read them lol), a hand held game of Press your luck.. and then he got me.. good. I mean.. I am talking I didnt see it coming... And for chuck thats impressive.. I got a tea pot (I love hot tea and really wanted one) that I am told was from the kids, then I got a hoodie (mine was religious.. it was very holy haha i kill me), then he gave me a sudoku hand held game.. woohoo!! and finally.....i got a watch.. a really pretty my first grown up watch. its so pretty!! I am proud. wow he got me good.. shocking.
Ok that was mini christmas we even made a "grinch cake" it was green :o)~ with red frosting.. and we were having a great night.. until.......
My brother Gregg called.. he says "whatcha doing?" (playing mini golf and getting mad that chuck was beating me..) "what do you want to be doing?" (going to bed so i can stop losing) so he says Joshua apparently called him and cut his fingers on a bailer (The machine that crushes boxes.. see now you know what its called.. my blog is educational too) he cut his middle finger and ring finger and pointer.. (makes that whole where is pointer game sort of hard.. well good thing is hes a little big for it huh?), anyways I ask "what hospital is he at?" he replies with pure man smarts " I dont know" Grrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttt.. somehow I manged to find him (see I NEED a theme song) went to check on him, and I am very happy to say it was not as bad as we originally all thought... while he did need 3 stitches on the middle finger, sterile strips across his middle finger nail, and one stitch on his other finger.. all is well that ends well.. thank heavens!!
Ok on that note. .I am off to try and get some stuff done.. Have a nice day and remember be good!! Santas watching!!!!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
1) I yell. I don't hit but I yell. and somedays I curse. alot. see its not that i am mean, its that I have six kids and I have to be heard. is that an excuse? well no not really.. but its just one of the reasons why I will not be 2008s mom of the year
2) I let my kids eat foods that aren't organic and 100% perfect for you. Yep, I said it. I let them eat bad for you foods. They eat the fast food stuff.. .why because its easy and because I am tired. Yep... again another reason I will not be 2008s mom of the year
3) I dont take them to see Santa or the Easter Bunny. No, the trauma on the face of Mary the last time I tried is still too fresh in my mind.. the bad part is that was umm 9 years ago. See no, i am not gonna get 2008s mom of the year award for not taking my kids to be traumatized... but hey shouldn't I get a point for being good??
4) oooh speaking of Mary. I will NOT be Mom of the year because I am not the perfect parent.. she proved that yesterday when she got in trouble in school and announced to the staff "I am tired of this
5) no, I am not gonna win the mom of the year award, because my kids don't have warm fresh baked cookies waiting when they get off the bus, or notes in their lunchboxes.. ok they don't take lunchboxes, they prefer to "get their lunch" at school and only need me for field trips.. (which may i add I make a GREAT lunch for.. and NO not a lunchable... well except that one time..I was weak.. sue me)
6) I am not gonna be the perfect mom because my kids do chores..
7) Mom of the year slipped away from me, because I have let them stay up and watch TV, play video games, and basicall waste their brain power. Yep, i let my kids be couch potatoes.
8) sometimes they don't wear outfits that match, or arent put together perfectly or God Forbid sometimes we have to threaten the teenage alien boy with
9) sometimes I watch movies or shows and I cry.. and sometimes i cry just because well cause I can cry.. and good moms perfect moms never let them see you sweat. well dammit I do!!! i am emotional. so i lost my award
But ya know, for all my faults, I have kids who love me, kids who will randomly give me hugs (even teenage alien kids) that has to speak for something right? so while 2008s award will go to the mom with the organic meals, who doesn't yell, who makes martha stewart look like she is domestically challenged, to the mom who is perfect. And she can have it. I'll take my hugs and kisses over an award any day ;o)~
Friday, December 19, 2008
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I moved to a house that I am absolutely in love with, every inch of this house, I love. But especially that for the first time since I was 16 I feel like I am HOME. :::sighs::::Oooooh and I didn't get knocked up or worry about it since Chuck got neutered.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
You bet your butt I did. I made a resolution to give birth before 2009 and I did ;oP
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So many! LOL My January Mommys (<3>, and um who else.. oh yeah! ME!! And I am so talented I did it 10 years and 3 minutes AFTER I gave birth to Mary.. damn I am good.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might jinx things.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ireland, France, Scotland, Germany...... Busch Gardens baby. ;o)~ lol..
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
patience... and um well money would be nice lol.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 5, 2008 <--Emilys bday and July 25, 2008 <--we moved out of the ghetto into our beautiful home.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My house ;o)~
9. What was your biggest failure?
The diet.. communicating when I am sad..and.. getting out with my husband more
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
csection recovery and all the other crap that has happened since then.. nothing real major
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Brain Age ;o)~ MAN I love that game..
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration
ummmmmm.......well the dog has stopped peeing on the carpet does that count?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
politicians, Casey Anthony, Chucks Ensign, The Navy for the crap they pulled on us, Someone who works with Chuck and Mel, and I am sure this list can go on and on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
bills and the new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Have I told you about my house ;o)~
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
LOL.. um I swear its only because I love the songs but either "So what" from Pink or "Chicken Fried" from the Zach Brown band.. or "BAd things" from Jace Everett
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?happier, about the same, my tush still makes up its own zipcode.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
hmm.. visited my mom.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Laundry or dishes ;o)~ lol
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with my family in Alexandria, VA
21. who did you spend most of your time on the phone with?
Oh thats easy.. Chuck, my mom, Mel, Nikia, Erica, and my kids "STOP FIGHTING" "Yes I am COMING home"
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
head over heels with the sweetest baby girl ever. even when she does get up at 5:45
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
I was more for the one night sleeps... ;o)~ and i had a few of those.. but I had more of the one night get up and feed me mommys
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Greys, ER, Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money (HOW dare them take it away from me) oh and without a doubt TRUE BLOOD!!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I just really don't have the time to hate anyone..
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Any of the Amish ones I read, and I really love Nicholas Sparks new one.. I started it this morning and I am already half done (yes Karen i know I have had it for weeks but no time)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
oh this one is so easy... I discovered that Rob McNelley plays a MEAN version of hammerhead stew and I discovered Lady Antebellum is awesome.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
that damn winning lottery ticket
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Twilight, Mad money, Dan in real life.. and I know there are more.
.31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Chuck and I went to dinner at Red Robin for our birthdays (3 days apart) and I celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
hmm.. I am not sure
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
that would be the fashion of poor fat mama.
34. What kept you sane?
sane? did you not read where I previously said you either get kids or sanity.. NEVER both?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
umm.. I still <3 McDreamy
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the historical nature of the election
37. Who did you miss?
My daddy..gone 9 years still hurts
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Emily and Nikia
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Freecycle is a great way to get rid of stuff and get stuff.
Never underestimate how good it is to feel safe.
People who are mean suck
Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions, good and bad
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
Never underestimate how good a pair of new socks or new underwear feel ;o)~
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"Don't worry.. be happy" <--and I had to THINK of that.. pretty good eh?
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Where is the logic on starting with kids first thing in the morning before they go to school about their get up and go being gone when it comes to doing chores.. I have told him numerous times NOT to start on them. Mainly because sending a kid to school, after you upset them, only leads to a bad day. I have said this over and over, I am at the point where I want to start making flash cards so I don't have to say it anymore, I can just show the flash cards. growls x 2.
ok.. while I posted yesterday that i feel like we are broken.. or even just chipped. And he did read it, I know this because even though he said not a word (strong silent type.. no...more the ignore and try and correct quickly type), we sat in the room and he talked to me, touched my leg etc.. but sadly.. while he sees it, he doesn't get it. I feel like I am standing in a glass room.. one more thing goes up and I am gonna scream and shatter the room around me. I know communication is golden, but how do you communicate that you need something and you aren't even sure what you need? I am back to the whole Buy me a Rose thing.... God Bless guys who can write songs, because they can say stuff that nobody else can say.... and no its NOT that I want roses, its the theory of it.
Buy me a rose
He works hard To give her all He thinks she wants
A three car garage, Her own credit cards
He pulls in late To wake her up With a kiss Good night
If he could only Read her mind, She'd say:
Buy me a rose, Call me from work
Open a door for me, What would it hurt
Show me you love me By the look in your eyes
These are the little things I need The most in my life
Now the days have grown To years Of feeling
All aloneAnd she can't help But wonder what She's doing wrong
Cause lately she'd Try anything To turn his head
Would it make a differenceIf she'd said:
Buy me a rose, Call me from work
Open a door for me, What would it hurt
Show me you love me By the look in your eyes
These are the little things I need The most in my life
And the more that he lives The less that he tries
To show her the love That he holds inside
And the more that she gives The more that he sees
This is a story Of you And me
So I bought you a rose On the way home
From workTo open the door To a heart
That I hurtAnd I hope you notice
'This look in my eyes Cause I'm gonna make Things right
For the rest of your life(Rest of your life)And I'm gonna Hold you tonight
Do all those Little things
For the rest Of your life
thats about as out there as I can put it. Its not the big things, its the little things. What happened to the pause in the kitchen, to give a hug? What happened to the snuggles? Where did it go? and can it be found? I realize things change and people change, but if you can't show someone you love them, why are we here? It sounds so easy as I type it out, why is it so flipping complicated? I hate that other people see a different side of you, and I see this side, I want to see the old side.. the side I have seen you show to others. I need to see it.
wow. I just put all that out there in black and white. On that note, I am gonna go get my morning started, dress the baby and we are gonna go have breakfast. Please pray that this stupid deposit goes in, or things will most defnitely be more bleak then they feel now.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Ok.. breathe... other events of my morning:
1) Emily has learned to climb up on the bricks to the fireplace..great.. we are now climbing.. fun. i knew she was part mountain goat.. all my kids are.
2) I spilled my soda (ok I know its not serious. but its caffeine and that does NOT belong on my floor today.. I NEED it)
3) I found out that my washing machine was EMPTY instead of having the load of clothes that were in the hamper inside and washed.. Growl I hate that.
4) I read David's teacher of her account of David and whether he has ADHD, she pretty much wrote down that he is the second coming of Damian.
5) I have threatened to call Santa three times, and had to think of what I was going to do when December is over.. "I am gonna call the Easter bunny" just doesn't have the same pull. Santa leaves coal.. what does the Easter bunny leave.. rabbit pellets? oy vey.
Ok.. I am gonna go smile.. start my day over and make my list for shopping tonight... funny shopping story for saturday, we were getting the boys erector sets.. not once, not twice but three times I called them erection sets.. :oX I am not sure why.. but that is just further proof I need adult contact more often.. oh and probably nookie lol.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
This morning started off wonky anyways because Mary got up with an attitude... which just doesn't sit well with me to begin with, but then she starts a fight to end all fights.. Mary's favorite comment is "YOU ARE NOT MY DAD" to Chuck... That comment irritates the living hell out of me. While Chuck is NOT her birth father... and yes, my ex is involved with the kids (and I would have it no other way), Chuck works his ass off for this family. He gets up and works 7 days a week half the damn time. He works 3 jobs to make sure they are clothed, fed, and have not just any roof but a nice damn roof over their head. It annoys the HELL out of me when that statement is made. No matter what kid says it. But this morning, it was like lighting a fire under my tail. I pulled her aside after world war 3 blew up, and told her that she was completely out of line. I even called GW and got him involved, he agreed with me and Chuck that Mary was wrong.. but even more so, and this is proof the end of the world is coming.... Stephanie, Danny and AJ all agreed that Mary was wrong. The thing is, Yes, we are a combined family.. and yes we have drama.. sometimes fueled by Chucks short fuse, but they are lucky to have someone who 1) took on four kids that were not his by birth and made them his 2) loves them unconditionally and 3) works his ass off for them and for all of us. Growls.. hopefully they all know that and if not, hopefully at some point they will..
Alright, i am off to go sort toys we have three piles "Trash, freecycle and keep" does it ever blow anyone else away that the keep pile is always the biggest pile even though "We have nothing to play with and we are SO bored" mmm hmm.. ok more tomorrow.. with Not me Monday
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Last week we added Brain age..... I am 37 years old.. (yes thats my age.. on a blog..i said it.) My brain age is 32....and Chucks is...80. (hes 32 lol) ok I have once again conquered one of these games... (seriously.. its math and reading and other different mind games.. the bad part is it really does screw with you.. .there is this one game they will list colors (the words) and then show you them in DIFFRENT colors you have to read out loud "RED" when the word is blue but is colored red.. it makes you so horribly tongue tied. But hey I am 32 so its NOT so bad lol. then as I was going through this disk I find Sudoku..
::::::Scarey movie music::::::
For whatever reason these stupid things have always terrified me........I mean I am not unfriendly with numbers, numbers and I get along . .I mean, I am AWESOME with the cell phone (numbers..ooo and letters.. I am GREAT at texting.. ask verizon wireless i think they made unlimited text messages to save us a small fortune :oP lol), I can add stuff in my head, I balance a checkbook etc. numbers are my friend.. but the idea that you had a grid could only use 1 number in each little 9 section and not have the same number going across or down.. screwed my head up.. so i decide.. ok.. lets try this.. MAYBE i grew.. MAYBE I could do this... I do the tutorial.. i pass... whew.. do the next tutorial.. pass.. whew x 2. All of a sudden i realize I am doing these stupid puzzles.. and they are EASY. So day one.. I killed the Nintendo DS batteries.. :oX whoopsie. But damn if I have not discovered NOT only can I sudoku but I LIKE it. So now i have to say.. "Hi, I am Tricia, and I am helplessly addicted to Sudoku"
Aww much better
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I would really like some good movies this year, the new Harry Potter would be good but really anything that requires me to think and not require me to enjoy myself.. let it just happen on its own would be nice :o)~
1) Truth be told, I love my winnie the pooh stuff on the entertainment center, but I am thinking of selling them or freecycling them. At first it was the money, now its to save them from being broken. Nobody else cares that I dont want random stuff placed up there. And before something gets broken, I would rather see it given away.
2) Truth be told, I am exhausted today. Emily had a horrible night last night she was fussy and didn't want to sleep, by the time she finally closed her eyes, i had 10 minutes before the alarm went off for Stephanie and Danny... Granted all i do for them is tell Chuck to get them up, but it didn't make getting up easier. Luckily its a half day, so when I see the first teenager i am going to take a nap.
3) Truth be told, My teenagers cleaned up the house last night, it wasnt God awful just cluttered (mostly their crap) and they put it all away, and cleaned up. I was impressed and thrilled (oh and wondering how many drug tests I needed to buy because they did it without me asking over and over again)
4) Truth be told, little kitty and I are gonna rumble if he doesn't leave my damn tree alone
5) Truth be told, have I mentioned how tired I am today?
6) Truth be told, I have to have a very difficult conversation this week with someone who I do love dearly, but its time to speak up.
7) Truth be told, I need to get out more... David has watched four shows today and i have known all four theme songs..oy vey.
ok truth be told, i have come to the bottom of this blog. more tomorrow. havea nice day
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
ooo ooo and I want a theme song. definitely a theme song
Because lately I feel like I must be super mom, or at the very least auditioning for the role. Recently, I have found myself able to leap to a screaming baby in a single bound. Able to make dinner out of four items in the fridge, freezer and pantry. Able to make things work even when they don't want to. Able to clean a house, change a diaper and let the dog out within five minutes of the first scratch at the door. Able to clean the bathroom after a four year old misses (ok.. any mother or father of a little boy.. so gets this).. Able to catch the cup before it spills (that was a special super power but he had milk and it was NOT hitting my carpet). Able to flip a burger, fry a french fry, and make a meal before the first child can get out a full "I am starving" Able to lend an ear when needed, able to scream a deafening yell when needed. Able to clean a room, and sort out clothes.
Super Mom? Nah.. just me. Just a mom who tries to get it done, tries to make it work, and all without special effects.. but really just once... I really would like a theme song and a cape :o)~
Monday, December 8, 2008
I did NOT wish that I had the money to do Christmas shopping because i desperately need retail therapy. I did NOT look forward to Not Me Monday so I had right to complain today.. lol. Ok I think that sums it up more tomorrow...
Happy Monday!! Ok.. so the alarm went off and we had to get out of bed .. a new week begins, its not so bad is it? er. yes. it is. groans.. and thus starts a new week of "Not me Monday"
I did NOT audibily complain that my mother and two brothers and parts of their respected families are going to Walt Disney World the day after Christmas because I think their timing stinks, and I hate that we are not part of the cool group, so we dont get invited.
I did NOT giggle out loud everytime someone stopped to look at Emily yesterday in her Santa Dress and hat that her sister bought her, when they would say "oh she is so cute"
I did NOT play Brain age on the Nintendo DS for 15 minutes on the potty because i had ALMOST solved sudoku and couldnt leave it undone.
I did NOT giggle that I had a ring around the heiney. ;oX
I did NOT wish Chuck could have stayed home with me today, because I feel like we never spend anytime together anymore.
I did NOT laugh when the little kitty got even with the dog because hey paybacks are a
I did NOT snap at David for taking my peanut butter toast, its fricking peanut butter toast.. gee I think my periods coming.. (I did apologize and he forgave his grouchy mommy)
I did NOT have AJ tell someone I wasn't home on the phone because i did not feel like talking.
I did NOT wish I was one of the cool kids with a cool blog that people read and comment.. because I was in a spoiled brat mood..
I did NOT wish that I had the money to do Christmas shopping because i desperately need retail therapy.
I did NOT look forward to Not Me Monday so I had right to complain today.. lol.
Ok I think that sums it up more tomorrow...
Sunday, December 7, 2008
I think the crockpot and I are going to put dinner on by about 11:30 today. (spaghetti and meatballs) because its so much easier then making anyhing challenging. Besides the length a big pot of spaghetti and meatball stretches sort of rocks in this house...with the exception of David who hates spaghetti. I have never seen a kid in my life who hates red sauce... he loves pasta... will eat the meat balls will not touch them altogether. Yep.. he's a freak. :o)~
I just noticed the bottom of the tree is missing lights and ornaments.. no no not the baby.. the flipping felines. They have managed to pull the lights down and for that matter the ornaments. stupid cats. argh. AJ is fixing it as we speak. I will just have to remember to take all my pictures from the top to the middle eh? And to think i was warned about Emily and thre tree and while she will touch it.. she mostly leaves it alone.
Ok so whos ready for Christmas? Of the kids i will say I think I have 3 of the 6 done. I will work on the other ones in the next few days and finish them too. teenagers are impossible to shop for they are so spoiled nowadays, they all have ipods (well except AJ who either lost his or had it stolen depending on who you ask), the request this year from Stephanie was for clothes. Danny wants video games, and I am pretty sure AJ will want something/everything Mets or Redskins related.. cause well he's AJ. As for Chuck, I am not sure what to get him this year.. it will come to be.. probably the 24th at 5 PM
Ok I am off to shower and start my day, more later.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Today is my 100th Blog. I have posted at least one blog every day.. yes I know I cut it close a few times but i made it. So today is Random discoveries day.....100 of them. Ready? Set.. GO!
1. I have discovered blogging is therapy, only the doctor is the keyboard, and the couch is wherever I have plopped to blog.
2. I have discovered that for every true friend you have, you have 3 more that are good friends but not true.
3. I have discovered that while Chuck can drive me batty, I am the lucky one. I have a husband who loves me, even when I am in a mood. He has seen me at my best and my worst and still loved me.
4. I have discovered my kids are amazing people, and as they grow up I look forward to seeing what they will do with their lives.
5. I have discovered that mistakes are ok, and that you don't have to be perfect.
6. I have discovered that My family does genuinely love each other, we may forget it sometimes, but we really do.
7. I have discovered that blogging is an addiction, and I don't want a 12 step program
8. I have discovered that while I may not always love myself, I am trying harder to at least like myself.
9. I have discovered that the smell of a fresh baked cookie is sometimes as good as sex.
10. I have discovered that pink is my favorite color on Emily
11. I have discovered that while I am glad I am done being pregnant, I am sad that Emily's first birthday will be the last first birthday we celebrate.
12. I have discovered that 100 is a BIG number and I am only on 12!
13. I have discovered you don't have to spend a million dollars on the holidays to make them special, a nice tree, pretty ornaments, and even dollar tree stockings can look great when its done with love.
14. I have discovered that my dog loves to eat diapers.. so gross.
15. I have discovered that AOL isn't as good as it used to be, they took away our message boards, and while Brandi rocks for creating one on Cafemom, I really miss AOL.
16. I have discovered that I need more recipes.
17. I have discovered that AJ may never be a pro baseball player but whatever he plays at he will do it with all his heart always.
18. I have discovered that Danny may not always think he can do things, but when he puts his mind to it, he can do anything
19. I have discovered that Stephanie is my hero.. shes bright and vibrant, and everyone needs a daughter just like her.
20. I have discovered Mary's imagination is wild, she can come up with so many different things
21. I have discovered David is a sponge and the people at his school SUCK
22. I have discovered Emily is my sunshine, when things are sad and depressing I grab that little girl who is so fresh and ready for a new adventure every day and she makes me smile
23. I have discovered that living in your own home is so much better then living in a house you hate.
24. I have discovered I owe my husband the world for everything he does for us
25. I have discovered people take advantage of me, because I let them.
26. I have discovered that I need to STOP doing that.
27. I have discovered that 100 is REALLY REALLY A big damn number
28. I have discovered that towels may go in a teenagers room, but they don't always come out.
29. I have discovered not much does come out of a teenagers room
30. I have discovered I may get over but I will never grow up
31. I have discovered that I miss having a Pooh watch (Christmas hint Chuck)
32. I have discovered that ER's last season is so far my favorite.. and that makes me sad its the last.
33. I have discovered Charlaine Harris who wrote the Sookie Stackhouse series is a little disturbed and I think we would be GREAT friends.
34. I have discovered I miss seeing Nikia and we need to fix that soon
35. I have discovered my nephew Keith is an amazing man, and I just hope his parents see it.
36. I have discovered that all my neice and nephews are pretty damn great
37. I have discovered hearing Extreme Home Makeover is a great show to watch when you need good old fashioned cry.
38. I have discovered when a pacifier goes missing at 3 AM, it is DEFINTIELY a BAD thing.
39. I have discovered that real women admit they snore.. guilty!
40. I have discovered that hyper active kittens need to be strung up by their tails
41. I have discovered that I love taking pictures but I will never be near the quality of some of the ladies on my January board (Lisa is so incredibly talented and I am jealous)
42. I have discovered that I need to give a shout out to Eileen who reads and comments .. HI EILEEN!!
43. I have discovered that Emily thinks the best room to play in is mary and Davids and that scares me lol
44. I have discovered sometimes its hard to tell someone when they are hurting your feelings even when you think they should realize it first.
45. I have discovered that 5:30 AM comes too damn early no matter what day of the week it is.
46. I have discovered that Chuck needs to change the alarm clocks on his phone. lol
47. I have discovered that I don't care if other people in the house get annoyed about our alarm clocks because they are ours and its our house .. so f em. Pay rent.. pay utilities then you can bitch.. don't contribute shut your trap.
48. I have discovered that people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones
49. I have discovered that Emily is serious as cute as she can be!
50. I have discovered backgammon on my cell phone is an addiction
51. I have discovered the missing key on my laptop isn't so bad, I can make it work.. for now.
52. I have discovered that I have no idea what to get Chuck for Christmas
53. I have discovered that the movie the Notebook will always make me cry.
54. I have discovered another towel is about to escape to the teenage abyss (AKA stephanies room) as she just got out of the shower.. damn.
55. I have discovered that baby feet are precious until they turn into stinky little boy or girl feet. blech
56. I have discovered that I have alot of highlights from 2008 (Emily, the new house,etc)
57. I have discovered if I could change anything in history, it would be my dad dying. I miss him.
58. I have discovered Mary is as cute as she can be even though she is more hormonal then me, Stephanie and Lily put together
59. I have discovered hearing "your a good mommy" from my kids no matter what age makes me smile.
60. I have discovered that 100 is a REALLY big number.. damn
61. I have discovered that Jeff Dunham is hilarious but in a weird way Peanut is funnier .yea I know same guy.. but Peanut is so someone different.
62. I have discovered my last thought made NO sense
63. I have discovered rambling is ok. .its my blog. hahaha
64. I have discovered that sometimes the first sip of the morning cup of coffee can make the choirs of angels sing in my head
65. I have discovered DR Pepper should come in IV form
66. I have discovered AJ is the one kid EVERYONE needs one of, he is awesome he does everything he is asked and some stuff he isn't
67. I have discovered that David knew how to talk all along andwas snowing us the whole time.
68. I have discovered that the sound of kids fighting has to happen in more houses then JUST this one.. please??
69. I have discovered that more people need to believe in Santa and make this world a bit nicer.
70. I have discovered that some day AJ and I are going to go on a road trip to NY and see the Mets play
71. I have discovered that I am glad OJ went to jail yesterday, and while it may be 13 years too late and for a crime he probably wouldn't have gotten 17 1/2 years for if he wasn't OJ it was really nice to see him locked up.. cause I think he did it
72. I have discovered as happy I am that there is a new President coming in to office, I don't believe the war in Iraq will end and we will all sing Kumbaya.
73. I have discovered that one of these days I have got to get back to Mass
74. I have discovered that freecyle and craigslist are addictions and for that I may just need a 12 step program.. nah
75. I have discovered that even though I have receiving blankets I should pass on, I just can't let them go.. not yet. I am not ready.
76. I have discovered maybe I will find out how to make a quilt out of them. ooo an idea!! go me
77. I have discovered that the Disney store is my favorite place to go in a Mall.
78. I have discovered that kisses from a four year old who says "I need to give you a kiss" are the sweetest kisses.. until you find out he just wants to go on the computer.. pbskids.org MOM!
79. I have discovered that the greatest words ever from a four year old are "I gotta blow my nose" because it gives hope he won't use his sleeve
80. I have discovered that I have ALOT on my mind
81. I have discovered that in 2009 I am going to make a real effort to lose weight.. because I am tired of not liking the me in the mirror that looks back
82. I have discovered that Perez Hilton is hilariously funny, a bit crass but really funny.
83. I have discovered that while the families on TLC (The Roloffs, the Goslings and the Duggars) all sort of disturb me, they also all intrique me.
84. I have discovered that no video channel shows Videos anymore.. its more shows and oh btw heres a song.
85. I have discovered that the sock monster in the dryer DOES exsist
86. I have discovered a good movie, a good book, and even a good song are priceless considering all the crap thats out there nowadays
87. I have discovered one should never underestimate the power of chocolate
88. I have discovered that if I had money I would love to buy Emily a special shirt for her first birthday, but I don't so she will be ok in a regular shirt.
89. I have discovered that I can't wait for her to get her smash cake
90. I have discovered that this Christmas is exciting because it will be the first one David is excited about and because its Emilys first.
91. I have discovered that shopping for teenagers is impossible.
92. I hve discovered teenagers themselves are impossible.
93. I have discovered that Stephanie NEEDS her bangs cut (I know I know its the style but man.. she better never fall asleep near me and scissors)
94. I have discovered that the barking Jingle Bells song annoys the hell out of the dog.
95. I have discovered that the words "Whatever" are grounds for murder
96. I have discovered it doesn't matter who says "whatever" it makes homicide justifiable in my book
97. I have discovered my reindeers are cuter then Santa's
98. I have discovered that random acts of kindness are awesome and dont happen nearly enough.
99. I have discovered that I have been blogging for over an hour!
100. I have discovered that in these past 100 blogs, i have shared alot more of myself then I ever have. I am glad that I started the blog, and if you ever read it and smiled I am happy. Stay tuned I promise there will be NOT be 200 discoveries
Friday, December 5, 2008
How to Cook a turkey:
1) Go buy a turkey.
2) Take a drink of whiskey (scotch) or Jack Daniels.
3) Put turkey in the oven.
4) Take another 2 drinks of whiskey.
5) Set the degree at 375 ovens
6) Take 3 more whiskeys of drink.
7) Turn oven the on.
8) Take 4 whisks of drinky.
9) Turk the bastey.
10) Whiskey another bottle of get.
11) Stick a turkey in the thermometer
12) Glass yourself a pour of whiskey.
13) Bake the whiskey for 4 hours.
14) Take the oven out of the turkey.
15) Take the oven out of the turkey.
16) Floor the turkey up off of the pick.
17) Turk the carvey.
18) Get yourself another scottle of botch.
19) Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey.
20) Bless the saying, pass and eat out
Please save my children from this meal.. ok.. save them from eating Pizza.. wait.. never mind they would like that.. save them from eating ramen? (sounds good) Help me create something.. or the turkey/me gets it.
In the meantime here are the pictures.. ya know now that I see the picture of Lily (the dog) with her antlers.. I think I can forgive her for chewing up the pair of underwear..;o)~ LOL..the reindeers are Stephanie, Danny, AJ, Mary, David, Emily, Lily, Hercules, and Obama:
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Last night, my heart was broken. David said to me "I miss school" :o( that made me so sad.. and angry. I was up thinking about it last night after Emilys wake up call. While I do understand he misbehaves, the wording that the vice principal used with me is grating on my nerves. "He can come back when we know whats wrong with him" When did a label become SO important? why are we trying to label a four year old? She said to me "He's smart" ok so she sees hes smart yet she wants a label? Is anyone else confused about this or is it just me? And while I know David is totally alot to handle.. trust me. . the kid has the energy of 100 hyenas all at one time, I don't understand how the label will help. what does it then make it ok if he's a jerk but he's a jerk with ADHD? Or does it mean they can move him to a different area of the building rather then call Chuck thirty minutes after the day starts because he has ADHD. So rather then just treat him LIKE this is his lovely label so he doesn't miss a month of school (the earliesit appt was Dec 23), then you would rather have him miss out and wait for his label. This just doesn't make sense to me. growl.
I completely have no ide a what is for dinner tonight. Does that make me the worst mom ever or what? its already 9:20 and I have no clue. Food. I know that is part of it, does it count? Sighs. I will have to ask Chuck what hes in the mood for. hmmmm text messaged him. I got the "I dunno" hes just no help lol. Ok I think we have decided on a meal together (we got skills). Its not earth shattering exciting but the kids eat it so that works (hamburger helper)After eating so much bird this past week (turkey and chicken) I have to have some beef before I start to spit out feathers.
ok off to clean the house up some and then chill out with my two little ones.. more later.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Today is the second helping of "Whats up Wednesday" So on with the show eh?
Whats up? See that cool picture on the top, Mel made it. Isnt it pretty?
Whats up? We got our new fridge yesterday, its black and really nice! and bigger then the last one. Now everything in my kitchen matches.. except my microwave. Oh well I will live.
Whats up? Last night in a period of ten minutes I wanted to kill David and then kiss David. Kill him for opening up one of Marys gifts I had in the closet.. grrr. my fault. it was in the Disney store bag and the sight of Mickey Mouse on a bag is somewhat inviting.. I take full responsibility. Then I wanted to kiss him because he asked for a Ham and Cheese sandwich, two days before he went to the cleaned out fridge and yelled to Stephanie and I "OH NO! Where did all the cheese go??" he was devestated. So we told him to get everything out, he says "but how its all gone?" we told him to go look and we hear across the house "Oh THANK BOB! Its back"
Whats up? I somehow broke the ' key on my keyboard so if you happen to notice some of my puncuation sucks well it will until I can get it fixed.. its still usable but a real PITA to do it. Ah well I will survive
Whats up? I found the first two books of the Sookie Stackhouse series
Whats up? have I mentioned how pretty my Christmas tree is? this is the first year I can say I LOVE our tree. Its just so pretty to look at and makes me want to bust out in a chorus of FA LA LA LA LA LAs but I will spare you
Whats up? I finally figured out what I want for Christmas... and I am not posting it here..that would make it to easy for Chuck
Ok I am gonna go grab a shower and become human..more later. Different blog time, same Blog Channel. *Muah*