The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Be it ever so humble.....

There's no place like home.. .for so long last night I was seriously debating clicking my heels three times and repeating "There's no place like home... There's no place like home....There's no place like home" but I knew it was just not going to be that easy. My brother and I had another blow up... and then I got told by my mother (who seriously saw her halo turn from gold to brass for a little bit), "well you ALWAYS pick on him first" (trust me.. Chuck, Me, and Mel (who I text messaged quick as can be) all replied the same way.. "huh?" I went off.. on my mom.. I am not proud of it.. but I was like "why are you sticking up for someone who calls you such lovely names and tells people he is JUST waiting for you to die?" Grrrrr... anyways.. after I sat with Chuck and told him I was done and ready to leave right then, my mom stopped and sort of recovered her brain (and halo). Today, all I said to him was hello... that seemed to be enough. I was polite.. It was a challenge. I am not sure what will happen with him... my mother thinks it will blow over... but I am in the mind frame right now, where I am not ready to stop being mad or even apologize. I won't. Spoiled rotten reply or not, I am not wrong. His behavior whether its fueled by alcohol, general mean streak, or just a desire to hate a little boy who has done him no wrong, is wrong. I just can't do it anymore. I have decided until he changes, we will skip holidays at my mothers house, this news did not thrill her, but its for the best. Now I just have to be strong enough to do it. That will be the hard part.

ok.. enough about my brother... deep breaths.....

It is such a relief to be home, I missed my house, I missed my bed and I am thrilled be getting out of living out of a suitcase (Which I loathe), I even missed my kitchen, and as weird as this will sound my bathroom (my mothers has ZERO water pressure). I am very glad to be home and plan to head to bed soon.

So, what is everyone's plans for the New Year? I am not sure what we will do, every year we throw a party at our house, but my two oldest boys are up at my moms visiting their cousin (this was again a battle.. I didn't want to leave them.. but in the end I did). I am sure we will have some friends over and I will overcook ( I am REALLY good at that) and we will probably play Apples to Apples or something silly. (Chuck has to work most of the night, but will be home before the ball drops). And after the new year. .just four short days later.. my baby turns 1.. and Mary turns 11. :o( my kids are all growing up.. I wish we had a way to slow that down ya know? Just a little bit... slow down the time, and take more time with them as babies. I love that Emily is 11 months old and still wants to be snuggled before bed, I love that David still likes to sit on my lap and watch a movie or play with toys, that Mary still realizes its ok to be a girl and play with dolls. I am glad my last 3 aren't as rushed to grow up as my first three .. Hopefully it will last a bit longer.....OOOO I got a song for that!!!!!!

Let them be little
Billy Dean

I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand.
You felt so good in it; no bigger than a minute.
How it amazes me you're changin' with every blink.
Faster than a flower blooms, they grow up all too soon.

So let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give 'em hope, give them praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.

I never felt so much in one little tender touch.
I live for those kisses, your prayers an' your wishes.
An' now you're teachin' me how only a child can see.
Tonight, while we're on our knees, all I ask is:

Please, let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give them praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.

The so innocent, precious soul:
You turn around, an' it's time to let them go.
So let them be little,'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give 'em praise,Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,Let them sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.
Let them be little

:o)~ I think I just found the perfect song for my kids.. giggles. Go me. More tomorrow.. who knows what time.. we have to grocery shop or start feeding the kids the tiles off the floor.. grins.

No comments: