The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me Monday....




With the day on the calendar, we see that today is Monday, and therefore it is time for Not me Monday.


I did not feel myself age at least 10 years this morning, when my son Daniel turned 15 years old, making me the mother of a 17, 15, 14, 10(almost 11), 4 and 11 months old (almost 1) . wow. hard to believe how time has flown by. it was NOT me who feels 50 instead of 37.


I did not look at pictures of me with disgust and anxiety this morning, as i realize that i feel as big as a house. I did not question whether I should just stop eating altogether or do something else exreme.


I did not argue with Chuck about the football game, even though he is still going on and I told him yesterday to drop it.


I did not become further annoyed today about a phone call I received, that made me question why I try and accomplish anything, because for every two steps forward I get pushed two steps back.


I did not try and think of the best way to tell someone that I am just miserable, and I am not sure how to fix that issue.


I did not really enjoy that Saturday I spent all day with Chuck doing Christmas shopping and being out, and i did not become slightly sad when he reached out and touched my arm a few times that night, or kissed my hand and i realized i could not remember the last time he did that.


I did not just audibly get excited because Muppets Christmas Carol is on the Disney family movie channel and its one of my FAVORITE Christmas movies..ok maybe i did do that one ;o)




3 comments:

Eileen said...

ok we talked how often...how did we not realize our kids share birthdays??? Today is Brianna's 6th birthday...I, too, did not age. I'm lying. I feel soooo old!! ::sobs::

Tricia said...

how sad!! happy birthday Brianna!!!!!

Mrs B said...

Tricia...

Coming from a mom of six, I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

I am glad you and your sweetie got some time together. Its hard enough to get out with three. I couldn't imagine six!

-The other Tricia