The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Is it just me?

We wait all school year for summer to hit..ahhh summer.. the time of relaxation.. fun in the sun...sleeping in...Getting out and having good old fashioned fun. Grilling out. Just a good time had by all. So why is it by August we are just DROOLING for school to get back in session. I will tell you why. Lean in. This is a doozie... its because of conversations like this:

"STOP LOOKING AT ME!!" (said to anyone at anytime but usually David to Emily)
"DON'T HIT ME!!" (Mary said to ALL her siblings who constantly beat her @@)
"WHY DO I HAVE TO CLEAN UP EVERYTHING...I DON'T MAKE MESSES!!" (Second verse same as the FIRST)
"IT WASN'T ME!" (said at one time by everyone including the dog)
"I DIDN'T DO IT!!!" (second verse same as the first)
"YOU ALWAYS BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING!!!" (Mary.. AJ.. Steph... David.. Danny)
"I DIDN'T NOTICE IT WAS DARK OUT!!" (This was from Mary followed by my favorite line...)
"THEIR HOUSE DOESN'T HAVE WINDOWS!" (really?)
"HOW COME S/HE NEVER HAS TO DO CHORES??" (He does... as does she)
"YOU HATE ME!" (Mary)
"I AM RUNNING AWAY!!" (David.. who packed a bucket with toys and one pair of underwear. that should have gotten him til 5 PM.. it was 2)
"IS THE AC ON??" (said by me and Chuck)
"WHATS FOR DINNER? I HATE THAT!!" ( said by anyone on any given night)
"CAN __________ SLEEP OVER?" (usually answered yes)
"BUT I DON'T WANT TO CLEAN MY ROOM!!" (Said after they get told the condition of said sleep over...

Yes, the complaints go on and on..This is why I crave September. This and the peace and tranquilty of just me and Emily. AHHH.. School is coming back. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Rock on.. yes, I said it.. ROCK ON!

3 comments:

Tutu said...

Their house doesn't have windows? Are they Jehovah's Witnesses?

Ok, now I'm hoping I didn't offend anyone, I've just always wondered about that no windows thing!

Tutu said...

OH, and no, it's most definitely NOT just you!

Tricia said...

LOL!!! No, its a clever excuse to get out of trouble.. .but that was one of the first thing I asked.. so don't feel bad.