The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunshine and how time flies.

We spent 3 hours at the pool today. Not a single person got a sunburn, because I am the queen of Sunblock. (SPF 45... hear me ROAR!!)
Anyways... we have a friend in from out of town visiting us and that makes this whole visit fun. Jay is here for Stephanie's 18 birthday on Friday... I just can't even imagine how that is possible. How have 18 years gone by? How have they passed as if I stopped blinking for a minute? I look at her and I see this amazing young woman. She is only 18, yet she knows she wants to go to college to be a Navy JAG lawyer.
At 18 my main concern was what on earth was I going to wear the next day....
then I found out I was pregnant with Matthew....
and then we lost him.
And like that I grew up.
Wow.
In the past 18 years, I have raised six children
I have found out that my ex husband was having an affair with my best friend
realized that even though I was afraid to leave I had to divorce my husband because I could no longer trust him,
met Chucky (my knight who dresses like Popeye :o)~ lol)
relocated my kids and myself to Norfolk, VA,
married Chuck,
survived a deployment,
Chuck got out of the Navy,
we had David,
and then we added Emily.
Doesn't sound like that much.. but it really is.
18 years
What on Earth will I do with the next 18?
I can't wait to find out!!!

No comments: