The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Therapy...


I have always described blogging as free therapy, I am able to get it all out and it doesn't cost me a dime. So forgive me but today is one of those days that I am just gonna climb on my coach and ramble a bit ok? Even if its not, well its my blog, and the rules are mine. So here it goes:

I realized a few days ago that my oldest child is merely months from graduating from high school. Even now as I say it, I can not believe it. When did my baby become a big girl? Who let this happen? She has a boyfriend she is getting serious about, they were talking about at some point getting married (I have already threatened her life if she does it before she graduates college I will kill her so that at least is resolved) but the thing is..I still remember her sitting on my bed in my room 4 years old playing with Barbies and telling me she would NEVER grow up. Hmph. she didn't mean it. This kid, has been through so many many things... things that well.. most of my friends know but the ones who don't would surely be turned on their ears if i told them. She is more grown up then some people who are twice her age and I am so lucky to be her Mom. I just don't want to be the mom of a HS graduate. I am not quite that ready.

I realized that I probably have ten great friends that I can honestly say I have their backs and they have mine. On the other hand, I have many other people who I can say are my friends but probably half the time can't remember or even know much about me. For some reason while that should make me incredibly sad, instead I feel blessed that I have 10 people in my life that mean the world to me. Does that make sense or am i a few sandwiches short of a picnic?

I realized that for every one negative thing in my life I have at least three postives and sometimes I forget that. I forget that during the rough patches that life is not so miserable instead I am really pretty darn blessed. I have six fabulous kids, a husband who adores me and lots of other things that make my life pretty remarkable.

Next time, I decide to have a therapy session feel free to remind me ok? thanks

No comments: