The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday

I know this will probably make no sense, but I am posting this one as a proud to be Military spouse. My husband served 8 1/2 years of Active Duty Navy, he has served the last 6 1/2 as a US Navy Reservist. And I could not be prouder.

I am also an Army Brat, my father was a US Army Officer, he served for 32 years with the US Army. I am proud of him as well, I am proud and humbled to be his daughter, and now he lays in Arlington National Cemetary to quote Trace Adkins in the song Arlington

"And every time I hear, twenty-one guns, I know they brought another hero home, to us. We're thankful for those thankful for the things we've done, We can rest in peace, 'cause we were the chosen ones, We made it to Arlington, yea, dust to dustDon't cry for us, we made it to Arlington."

So my pictures today are of the two men I am most of proud of who served their country, and continue to serve their country because freedom is not free

I am grateful to both of these men, and to every man and woman who serves their country. We live in the land of the free because of them. But because it would not be me without lightening the load a little bit, here is a picture of our favorite lifeguards before Memorial day:



Protected by the US Navy, can't get much safer than that :o)~

No comments: