The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

When life gives you lemons.....

If I was not dieter, over the past few months I would have consumed more lemonade than any other person in the state. My ex husband has been out of work for just shy of five weeks, I am starting to panic as the bills come in each month. But then I go through them, I pay what needs to pay and make phone calls to the other people and beg and plead for some mercy. Mercy is such an interesting word, isn't it? I am pleading with you to understand that my minimum right now is the best I can do, and most of them truly do get it.

But the thing is, it is not even just the money thing. Last night, I found out that my 16 year old son's tart er um I mean former girlfriend.. no, let's go back to tart started dating someone else 5 weeks ago. Yes I know teenage love comes and teenage love goes (I really wasn't born in the day of the dinosaur) but she lived in our house, under our roof. When my son broke his ankle, she basically declared him "broken" and moved on to the next conquest. My son's heart is in shatters, and I am making lemonade to fix it. She is supposed to come over tonight to pick up her belongings, she is moving in with the new flavor of the month, and I want to put a hammer in with her things . When asked why, I want to smile and reply "Oh that's for the new conquests heart, I figure that's probably yours."

How do you make lemonade out of lemons when you just don't have the sugar to add? I am so fursturated with so many things. Between worrying about the bills, between worrying about the kids needs, and now worrying about Danny's broken heart.

So my mantra for this weekend is this:

No comments: