The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day...



Today, we celebrate our fathers. To my husband,my father (you're not here but you are missed.. EVERY day.. I promise!!) my brothers, my father in law, and every man who is a daddy out there.. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

On Mother's day I wrote about my mom, an I.O.U. for my dad, he is in Heaven it will be 10 years this July and I miss him like it was yesterday. Instead I will blog today about the top five things my dad ever did for me. (Thanks to my Mel for this idea.. without her I would be lost).

1) On February 22, 1990 my son Matthew was dying. I called my father at 6:30 AM after hanging up with the doctor who informed me my son would not live through the day, my daddy answered and I said "daddy my son is not going to live". He told me he loved me and how sorry he was. He cried with me on the phone and later told me that was the hardest moment of his life as a father, when I was hurting and he could do nothing to fix it.

2) On my first wedding day, even though he may not have been a big fan of my first husband he as a Deacon in the Roman Catholic Church married my ex husband and me.
He helped us and was just amazing, he was the cream of the crop.

3) He baptized all of my children, starting with Matthew right after he was born he baptized him. All the way up to Mary, how I wish he could do David and Emily

4) Every birthday he gave me a dozen chocolate roses, he and I shared a love for Chocolate and that was always something special he could do for me. I miss my roses :o(

5) My dad and I had a special relationship, he was not just Daddy he was my hero. When we moved back to the states we went on a tour of Arlington National Cemetary and got to walk down where the guards slept and see what they do. Dad held my hand as we walked around. Dad was my hero. It was just a special day. My Dad rocked.

I miss my dad every day. I can't help it, but I also know he is watching me. Today at Mass he was there and made his presence known (his favorite song "Here I am Lord" was played... subtle? Not really but a great gift from him to me

Happy Father's day to all Dad's you are all special and you are all loved. Thank you for all you do. Thank you for working many jobs, thank you for taking care of us, thank you for being there and Thank you for being you!!

For Chuck.. this is Just for you..

2 comments:

OJD Girl said...

It wasnt supposed to make me cry dang-it

JalenasMommy said...

I didnt expect to cry either!! What beautiful memories!