The Old Lady in the shoe has got nothing on me!

Trust me.. I mean it.

I mother six kids..in our house sanity is optional.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year, New Me, New 'tude

On Monday, January 4th I broke up with my boyfriend.. no not Chuck he's still here... I broke up with the Dr in my life. The one who was there for me through thick and thin. Unfortunately ALOT more thick than thin... :o/ Of course I am discussing Dr Pepper. And yes I know he has a wicked step brother named Diet Dr Pepper but we will never date (I am allergic to aspartame) so now I am dating Mr Lipton and the guy with the fancy name (H2O...oooo exotic) I have lost a whopping 5 lbs. (Don't hate its something right?)

I decided after seeing pictures of me at Thanksgiving and looking like this:


It was time for a change. It was time for me to take my tail out of the other zipcode it has been residing in. I am in the for the long haul. I refuse to call this a diet because diets don't work, instead this is a life style change. I am back on Weight Watchers, this guy be damned:


I am gonna beat him!!
My daily life has changed no longer do I reach for a twinkie when I want a snack, I am eating a 100 calorie snack... (hello Pop Secret I love you!! Kettle corn 100 calorie snack, hello Wheat thins 100 calorie snack, welcome to my world!) I have had five salads this year that pretty much eclipses what I ate last year (No, I am not kidding) I love that when we went to Walmart today, I was not lagging behind my speed demon husband I was with him step for step. AFTER one week.

We managed to get our Wii replaced and I play Wii sports daily, for 30 minutes. And yes somedays it still kicks my ass but I get up and do it! Its important for me!! This picture was supposed to be of my feet:

but I have not seen them in a long time, every month I vow to take a picture of my feet. Eventually, I hope they reappear in this picture, cause hey I have nice feet, see!!


I hope you follow me on this weight loss journey, I am gonna do it this time I mean it!!! I just wish it was this easy:

3 comments:

Pam said...

You go girl I know you can do this !!!!!! And you are right it is a lifestyle change NOT a diet. Take it one step at a time.

fyrgrl said...

I'm with Pam! You go girl!!! Hey can we hook up our Wii's and play like Tennis against each other?? Cuz I need to get rid of that first pic to!! I don't know if I can loose my boyfriend just yet...hey I'm loosing my husband...dunno if I can loose both...lmao! But we can support each other! And its not just 5lbs its 5lbs you will never see again!!!

Ellen :) said...

OMG!!! You are TOOO FREAKIN' FUNNY! And I love how you use your sense of humor as part of this process. I am determined, too--determined to use YOUR motivation to get me going. As another famous (non-fattening :) Dr. once said. "You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes--you can steer yourself any direction you choose!" You, clearly, are steering yourself toward a happier, healthier you. Mazel tov!! Vaya con Dios!! Yay YOU!!!!!! :D